Access to Library Resources When Working Off-Site
In addition to our Remote Desktop option which provides access identical to being at the lab, Fermilab Library has options for accessing publisher content via VPN and SSO. For links and instructions, see our Off-Site Publisher Access Options.
Many publishers have expanded their offerings during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This is a comprehensive list of new and expanded free content. It will be updated as we find additional resources.
New Machine Learning Resources Available From O’Reilly
Machine Learning has been one of the most viewed topic areas among O’Reilly users. The following resources have been recently added to the platform.
- Hands-On Machine Learning with ML.NET
- Framing business problems as machine learning (ML) problems (sponsored by Amazon Web Services)
- Machine Learning Essentials By Aurélien Geron (Expert Playlist)
- Getting started with machine learning (Live Online Training-July 6)
- A Practical Introduction to Machine Learning (Live Online Training-July 16)
- Beginning Supervised Machine Learning with Python (Live Online Training-July 9)
- Machine Learning for Business Analytics: A Deep Dive into Data with Python (Live Online Training-July 20)
O’Reilly is also offering all government employees free access through July 6th. More information is available here.
The Fermilab Library also has open seats on our O’Reilly Online Learning subscription. Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
A list of upcoming scientific seminars being offered at Fermilab, including links for joining with Zoom, is available by clicking here.
Access to Scientific Journals at Fermilab
The Fermilab Library is responsible for providing access to scientific journals and articles needed by researchers here. The most common means of access is by site license for online access to over 400 major journals such as The Physical Review set, Nature, Nuclear Instruments and Methods, and the Science Direct/Elsevier High Energy Physics and Astronomy Backfile, which includes articles up to 1995 in 20 prominent journals. For a complete list of available journals, see our Journal List.